Terms of Service
- Furniture Pads: The customer is responsible for furniture pads when loading (Labor Only Jobs). One dozen (12) pads per 5’ of space is recommended.
- Right of Refusal: Movers may wave responsibility of any items they feel like they can’t be moved without damage to item or it’s surroundings.
- End of Liability: Once the movers leave the job site the liability of damage claims ends. You or your transportation company takes possession once the movers leave the job site.
- Exempt Items: Particle Board, Customer Packed Boxes, and loads/packs without the correct amount of pads are exempt from our liability.
- Final Payments: All final payments with a balance of $1,000.00 or greater, are subject to a 3.5% processing fee if paying by card.
- Move and Store will NOT be responsible for damages/claims arising from customer packed boxes.
- Prior to the move, customers should take note of the condition of all items being moved. In the rare event of items being broken or damaged in transit, Move and Store requires a previous noted condition in order to accurately restore or replace an item.
- All boxes must be completely closed and taped and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
- Box Policy- Move and Store provides complimentary box kits to all customers with the purchase of a Lease Layover Package or Dorm Store Package. Each box used will be charged as an item. Any boxes that are not used by you shall be returned to Move and Store at Move out. Failure to do so will result in the following charges per box: Book Box-$3, Medium Box-$4.50, XL Box- $8, Wardrobe Box-$14. This price will be applied to the final invoice. Move and Store cannot guarantee the delivery of boxes if the move is not booked at least 10 days prior to scheduled move date.
- All jobs booked through Move and Store require a booking fee at time of booking. This booking fee is in addition to the hourly, per item, or binding shipment rate.
- All hourly jobs require a one-hour minimum; after the initial hour, billing will be calculated to the quarter hour.
- If customer wishes to cancel move, they must do so 7 days prior to scheduled move in order to receive full refund of booking fee.
- If customer is not present at scheduled time of move, a $50 rescheduling fee will be applied if customer chooses to reschedule. If customer wishes to re-schedule, they should do so 48 hours prior to their move, otherwise, a $50 rescheduling fee will apply, or Move and Store’s refusal to complete the job at the customers desired time.
- Final payment is due upon completion of move. The customer will be billed the estimate amount plus or minus any variations at the time of service.
- Any service performed that exceeds $1,000.00 will be subject to a 3.5% processing fee if paying by card. We accept the following credit cards at this time: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card.
- I accept the fee charged as a legal and lawful debt and agree to pay said fee, including any/all costs of collection, (33.33%), attorney fees and/or court costs, if such be necessary. I waive now and forever my right of exemption under the laws of the constitution of the State of Alabama and any other State.
- I agree, in order for us to service your account or to collect monies you may owe, Move and Store and/or our agents may contact you by telephone at any telephone number associated with your account, including wireless telephone numbers, which could result in charges to you. We may also contact you by sending text messages or emails, using any email address you provide to use. Methods of contact may include using pre-recorded/artificial voice messages and/or use of automatic dialing device, as applicable.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating in any way to Terms of Service including without limitation any dispute concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, enforceability or breach of the Terms of Service shall be exclusively resolved by binding arbitration upon a Party’s submission of the dispute to arbitration. In the event of a dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating in any way to the Terms of Service the complaining Party shall notify the other Party in writing thereof. Within thirty (30) days of such notice, management level representatives of both Parties shall meet at an agreed location to attempt to resolve the dispute in good faith. Should the dispute not be resolved within thirty (30) days after such notice, the complaining Party shall seek remedies exclusively through arbitration.
- Any claim for loss, damage or overcharge shall be in writing no later than thirty (30) days of delivery date.
- Move and Store should be immediately notified for any claims and shall be given thirty (30) days to inspect alleged damage.
- Move and Store’s liability shall not exceed the cost of repairing or replacing the property lost or damaged with materials of like kind and quality not exceeding the actual cash value of the property at time and place of loss, with due allowance for depreciation or deterioration howsoever caused.
- Move and Store reserves the right to inspect and exercise right to repair before replacing any damaged items.
- Please note that all estimates are non-binding unless otherwise noted.
- Estimates are based on the information provided by the customer, and are for reference only. Actual charges will be based on the following factors depending on job type: time, weight of shipment, number of items, number of floors involved in move, and storage duration.
*PLEASE NOTE, OUR PROTECTION PLANS EXLUDE COVERAGE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Jewelry, precious metals, cash, coins, or collectibles.
- Particleboard furniture or any furniture that was assembled on site is not intended to be moved while assembled.
- Damages occurring to items due to natural disaster including but not limited to hurricane, tornado, flooding, or fire.
Note: There is a $100 Deductible for all additional protection options below. If you would like to alter your protection plan provided on your estimate in anyway, please contact your MOVE representative.
By booking service withMove and Store, customer agrees to above terms of service and protection plan options.